Valentine’s Day is just around the corner and it is going to be a Sunday!
Honestly, I am far from buying into the whole Valentine’s Day thing with greeting cards, gifts and over the top V-Day gestures.
I think it is commercialized and catered more towards high school crowd and teenagers. 😉 I say this because as a teenager, I was fascinated by the whole idea of gifts, chocolates and cards especially on my visit to any Archies or Hallmark store. It was later I realized that they strategically placed all these items so that you would spend more than you should.
But when you enter adulthood these things seem superficial and thus making something heart shaped was too cheesy and corny. Hehe.
My husband and I both love pancakes, and we haven’t had them in a long long time, so decided to make them in a V-Day fashion.
Since, it is a Sunday, what better way to surprise your loved one with a beautiful breakfast of STRAWBERRY PANCAKES!
However, I would strongly recommend getting fresh strawberries, I say this because I got frozen one’s covered in syrup and realized its just not the same.
Nevertheless, they still turned out to be yummy and cute <3
Serving Suggestions: You can layer each pancake with a tablespoon or more of whipped cream and add cut strawberries on top to make it a layered cake. Top it off with a sprinkle of “Powdered Sugar”
If you like what you read then I also have a Facebook and Instagram page for saltpaprika. Like or follow along my food journey on these social media platforms as I post quick and easy recipes there too 🙂
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10-12 minutes
Ingredients: 1-1/4 cup all purpose flour 1-1/4 tsp baking powder 2 Tbsps Sugar 1/4 tsp Salt 1 cup Milk ( 2% or whole milk) 2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil 2 Tbsp Water 1 tsp Vanilla Essence Drizzle of Honey or Maple Syrup (According to taste)
- In a medium bowl , mix together flour, baking powder,salt and sugar.
- Combine milk,oil,vanilla essence and water in another bowl and add it to the dry ingredients.
- Lightly coat a large skillet or pan with a non-stick cooking spray or you can coat it with some butter over medium-high flame.
- Cut fresh(recommended) or frozen strawberries in to bite size pieces and set aside while the pan is heating up.
- Use about 1/4 measuring cup to pour out the batter on to the pan so that you have even shaped pancakes.
- Turn the pancakes when bubbles show on top and the edges appear to be dry.
- Turn only once and cook until the bottom is dry.
- This batter will make 8- 10 medium sized pancakes.
- Layer them as shown in the picture with a good drizzle of honey or maple syrup or according to the serving suggestions mentioned above or however you want and serve immediately!